Last Updated: August 7, 2019
1. Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
A. Information You Provide to Us.
Registration, Profile, and Other Information You Provide. When you register to use our Services, we may ask you for your name, phone number, and a password, public avatar selections (“Mindhive Profile” and “Stealth Profile”), and your profile photo (“IRL -In Real Life- Profile”).
User Content. We collect information you post through the Services. For example, when you interact with other users by posting comments, the Services will collect the information you provide in such comments, to the extent permitted under applicable law. This also includes other information you provide associated with your content, such as a keywords. We not use this information to create a contact database for our own use or for sale/distribution to third parties.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our customer support team, we will collect your request, name, and email address.
Interests and Passions. We ask you for information regarding your interests and passions, such as whether you are interested in food or fashion.
Contacts. We collect information about your contacts when you import them into the Services, such as when you invite a friend to use the Services. We not use this information to create a contact database for our own use or for sale/distribution to third parties, and we will not use this information for analytics or marketing purposes.
Rewards Information. If you participate in our rewards program and receive program benefits and points, we may ask you to provide additional information such as your Coinbase username in order to provide your rewards.
B. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
Location Information. When you use our Services, we collect your location information, including general location information (e.g. IP address, city/state and/or zip code associated with an IP address) from your computer or mobile device. If you access the Services through a mobile device, we may ask your permission to collect your precise geo-location information. We use your location information for purposes such as making recommendations for nearby services. If you do not wish to have us collect specific geo-location information, you may disable the location features on your device. For more information regarding location services, please contact your device manufacturer or mobile carrier. Turning off location services may impact certain features of the Services.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including internet protocol (IP) address, web browser type, operating system version, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens. We may also collect phonebook contact, gallery, and file system information if you enable such feature. We will not use this information for analytics or marketing purposes.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the website you visited before our Services, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services and upload or post content, error logs, and other similar information. This also includes metadata associated with uploaded content, such as how, when and by whom a piece of content was collected and how that content is formatted.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your mobile application activities over time. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close an application. A persistent cookie remains after you close an application and may be used by your device on subsequent visits.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To personalize your experience on our Services such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
- To geotag and tag your content to make your content more interactive and searchable.
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, your account, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To aggregate or remove identifying data elements from your information for marketing, and to prepare analyses or reports for our partners, or potential partners regarding the use of our Services and data about our user population.
- To send you text messages and push notifications;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
3. How We Share the Information We Collect
Displaying to Other Users. Your Mindhive Profile, Stealth Profile and videos may be displayed to other users; provided, however, that your IRL -In Real Life- Profile will only be displayed to users on your friends list and pursuant to your privacy settings. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the users who will view and use the posted information.
Inviting Friends. The Service may allow you to share information with friends when you invite them to use the Service. You may invite friends to use the Service by sending them a text message or email. We will only use the phone numbers of any person you invite to use the Service through text message for the purpose of your invitation and not for our own use. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, Mindhive does not have access to or control this communication.
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers who perform services on our behalf and in relation in connection with the provision of our Services.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services to collect and process certain analytics data, including your use of the mobile application.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
4. iOS Device Data Use and Sharing
Mindhive will comply with the App Store Review Guidelines regarding the use and sharing of data when you use our mobile application on an iOS Device. In particular:
- Unless otherwise permitted by law, we will not use, transmit, or share personal data without first obtaining your permission. We will provide access to information about how and where the data will be used. Data collected from our mobile application will only be shared with third parties to improve the application or serve advertising.
- Data collected for one purpose will not be repurposed without further consent unless otherwise explicitly permitted by law.
- Our mobile application will not attempt to surreptitiously build a user profile based on collected data and will not attempt, facilitate, or encourage others to identify anonymous users or reconstruct user profiles based on data collected from Apple-provided APIs or any data that has been collected in an “anonymized,” “aggregated,” or otherwise non-identifiable way.
- We will not use information from Contacts, Photos, or other APIs that access user data to build a contact database for our own use or for sale/distribution to third parties, and we will not collect information about which other apps are installed on a user’s device for the purposes of analytics or advertising/marketing.
- We will not contact people using information collected via a user’s Contacts or Photos, except at the explicit initiative of that user on an individualized basis. We will provide users with a clear description of how the message will appear to the recipient before sending it.
5. Your Choices
Opt-Out. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails or via the settings in your account. You may opt-out of receiving text messages from us by replying to a text from us with the words “STOP”, “QUIT”, or “UNSUBSCRIBE.”
6. Third Parties
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as our Services are hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
Mindhive lets you capture real time content and keeps it for a limited time on our servers. This means that your Bursts (videos) are automatically deleted from our servers. We only keep aggregated metadata. All your original videos are automatically saved to your device’s file system. If you have any questions about how a feature works you can access our support site at www.mindhive.me/tour.
It is important to note that users who see the content you provide can always save it using any number of techniques such as screenshots, in-app functionality, or any other image-capture technology. It’s also possible, as with any digital information, that someone might be able to access messages forensically or find them in a device’s temporary storage. While our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. We may suspend those deletion practices if we have a legal obligation to preserve content or if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations. Finally, we may also retain certain information, in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
9. Children’s Privacy
10. International Transfers of Data
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
11. How to Contact Us About a Deceased User
12. Changes and Updates to this Policy
13. Contact Information
230 Park Avenue
3-4 Fl. W
New York, NY 10169